The Austin chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization today announced results from the latest Global Entrepreneur Indicator, showing that Austin business leaders are experience strong success and preparing for continued growth.
The biannual report surveys more than 8700 member entrepreneurs from around the globe, uncovering trends across a variety of performance-related metrics, including hiring, revenue growth and overall confidence in the business environment.
Highlights from the Austin survey include:
- 68% expect to hire additional full-time employees in the next six months
- 74% have increased revenue in the past six months, and 83% expect to increase revenue in the next six months
- 40% expect an increase in access to capital in the next six months, compared to 34% globally
- Only 7% fear a deterioration in the country’s economy, compared to 15% globally
- 83% expressed an interest in starting another business
“With numerous sources of capital and a pool of incredible talent, Austin has an increasing reputation as a global leader in business creation and growth,” said Dustin Wells, EO Austin president and CEO of Headspring. “The survey results show that area entrepreneurs have not only seen tremendous recent success, but expect that growth to continue for the foreseeable future.”
The Global Entrepreneur Indicator is a bi-annual survey conducted by Entrepreneurs’ Organization, a network of more than 9,500 business owners across the globe. Survey respondents are founders of businesses with at least $1 million in annual revenue.The Austin chapter, which was founded in 1995, includes 120 entrepreneur members with collective revenue of $749 million and 4,835 employees.