Gazzang, the big data security experts, today announced that the company doubled revenues during the first half of 2013 compared to the second half of 2012. Gazzang also announced the recently completed second quarter was its strongest quarter to date and included the largest customer win in company history.
“We saw tremendous sales growth among the Fortune 500 that I expect will continue as we bring more innovative security solutions to market and strengthen our relationships with leading big data and cloud providers.”
“The first half of 2013 was a proving-ground for our encryption and key management solutions in the big data market,” said Larry Warnock, CEO of Gazzang. “We saw tremendous sales growth among the Fortune 500 that I expect will continue as we bring more innovative security solutions to market and strengthen our relationships with leading big data and cloud providers.”
First half highlights for 2013 include:
- Strong sales: New customer wins include a Fortune 500 financial services company; one of the world’s largest semiconductor companies; a global provider of insurance, annuities and benefits programs; a data analytics company focused on education; and a healthcare mobile application provider among others.
- Product innovation: Gazzang expanded its product portfolio with Gazzang CloudEncrypt™, a solution purpose-built to secure data in-flight and at-rest within Amazon EMR while allowing customers to maintain complete control of their encryption keys. The company also announced high-performance transparent data encryption and key management for organizations running GlusterFS-backed OpenStack clouds.
- DevOps Enhancements: Gazzang upgraded its Chef and Puppet scripts and developed new Ansible scripts for fast, automated Gazzang zNcrypt™ deployments in cloud and big data environments.
- Industry Accolades: Gazzang was recognized as an Emerging Vendor in Security by CRN and was named one of Database Trends and Applications 100 “companies that matter most in data.” Gazzang zTrustee™, the company’s software-based key management solution, was recognized for “Innovation in Cloud Security” at the 2013 Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards.
- Executive Growth: Gazzang added to its leadership team by naming Brian Brogan as vice president of worldwide sales, Alexander Bibighaus as vice president of engineering, Eddie Garcia as vice president of information security and services, and Sam Heywood as vice president of marketing.
- Employee Headcount: The increase in sales and market awareness enabled Gazzang to grow employee headcount 50 percent during the first half of the year with new hires in all departments.