Like many of you I was excited to see what Passbook was all about! But I could not get it to work at all. Searching around the internet there were various ways of tricking it into working, so I thought I would include a tip here. But in general, what the heck is Apple thinking around this? Ship it disabled, or patch it later?
- Go to Settings -> General -> Date and Time
- Set the date several months into the future (March, 2013 worked for me)
- Click on the Passbook app on your iPhone and now when it goes to iTunes it should work.
- Download the apps you want. They still won’t be installed in your Passbook.
- Passbook apps will show up on your phone with a little blue “New” ribbon across the top.
- Set your date back to auto.
Anybody else discovered tips on how to get it working? Please comment.